Spotify has been eyeing an India launch every since last year finally gets to open doors to Indian subscribers. Spotify’s India launch was on hold due to ongoing lawsuits over licensing terms. However, the subscription page is now live and Spotify subscriptions can be purchased using an Indian credit card. The website has been updated and now indicates that the service is live. Spotify Premium is currently priced at Rs.119 per month and Rs.1189 for a yearly subscription. Also to mention that the entire subscription process was completed from an Indian IP without a VPN.
Music streaming service Spotify has officially launched in India offering both free and paid packs. Spotify Premium subscription price is ₹119 per month and ₹1,189 per year. Spotify also offers top-up packs for those who don’t want to pay for a recurring subscription.
However, there’s also a plan named Spotify Student Discount offer. Under this offer, students can avail 50% discount on premium packs i.e. ₹59 per month.
Here’s how to get Spotify Student Premium for Students:
- Create an account on Spotify or simply log in if you have one already.
- Look for Spotify Premium section and select browse packs.
- Scroll all the way down where you’ll find Spotify Premium for students.
- The Students premium pack will redirect you to a page where you’ll need to fill in your Education Details to be Verified.
- Simply fill in your Educational details and you’ll also need to upload a Valid ID proof which ensures that you belong to an accredited higher education institute.
- That’s it! You will receive a mail in less than 24 hours that you are verified and can use Spotify Premium for Students.
You just now have to pay and you can get all the benefits of Spotify premium. How awesome, isn’t it?
New to Spotify? Check out this cool playlist.
Let us know in the comments section if you face any issue during this process and we’ll be happy to help.
Also Read: How To Sync your PC to Google Drive