Whenever you get a new device, it has latest Android with latest security patches. But after a year or two, it slows down, lags and do not receive android updates. The only thing your device needs then is a Custom Rom being its salvation. Thinking how to flash a Custom Rom? This guide will help you in flashing a Custom Rom on your Android Device.
Why Would I want a Custom Rom?
There are a thousand number of reasons one would want to flash a custom rom on their device. You’ll get latest Android updates with latest security patches, and get new features and updates, you now won’t have to deal with all the bloatwares which came pre-loaded with your stock rom, and you can experience pure stock version of android instead of your manufacturer’s Custom UI.
What you’ll Need for Installing a Custom Rom:
- Unlocked Bootloader.
- A Custom Recovery installed. (Follow here if dont have a Custom Recovery Installed.)
- Custom Rom .zip File
- Suitable Gapps package for the rom.
How To Install Custom ROM on Android:
Custom ROMs are one of the best things about Android! If you’re ready to leave your stock ROM and reap the many benefits of flashing a custom ROM such as improved battery, better performance, and updates to the latest Android versions, then follow this guide.
- Download the suitable Rom package for your device and Gapps for your android device (Every device has different Rom packages) and copy it in your device.
- Boot your device into recovery mode and take a full backup of your device. (Never continue before taking a full backup until you know what you’re doing. However, it is not recommended.)
- Tap on install option and locate the Custom Rom zip file and flash it.
- Now again tap on install and locate the Gapps zip file and flash it.
- Now tap Reboot>System.
That’s it. You now have successfully installed a Custom Rom on your Android Device.